While being sick, Twitter is a great pastime. Well, actually it’s just funny to watch people argue, but that’s not the point! I would love to have you follow my blog on Twitter! I’ll attempt to Tweet things about my blog and stuff and you can also find out what I;m doing in my personal life. @AquaPolkaDots1 then you can follow my personal account if you want which is @loveyaloren
I’ve been sick for over a week now, and I’m just going to give you some reasons why you shouldn’t go to school when you’re sick.
- You’re going to get your bestie sick.
- You’re going to hate everything.
- Staying awake in math class is 20 times harder.
- You fall asleep on the bus and embarrass yourself.
- You don’t care about your makeup so you only put mascara on.
- You don’t care about your clothes so you wear a big sweater at all times.
- People look at you like you’re going to die at any second.
- People think it’s disgusting when you cough.
- Your teacher HIDES the Kleenex from everyone!
- You start your period.
- You start hiding Kleenex in your purse to survive.
- You take allergy pills to barely make it through the day.
- Every single day feels like a month.
- Every night you tell yourself you’ll get better but you never do.
- You start wondering if this is worse than dyeing.
- You tell these thoughts to your bestie and she agrees with you on these thoughts.
- It’s not a good idea to have a sleepover while sick.
- Food tastes plain.
- It’s hard to paint your nails.
- Your life just sucks.
Hey everyone! Merry Christmas Eve! I’m so excited, not about the gifts , but just about all of the happiness and friendliness that’s in the air. It makes you believe that anything is possible! And, right now, I’m pretty sure anything IS possible.
On Sunday night, I was skimming Pinterest and seeing if there was anything that was interesting that I should try over my Winter Break. I found probably the coolest pin ever! The title of the pin was ‘How to Grow Your Hair 2 inches in 1 Week!’ I was hooked because I have been wanting to grow my hair almost all the way down my back, but it’s just a slow-going process. The link to the actual post is righthere, but I’m going to tell you guys how I did it, and where to find the cheapest Olive Oil, because my mom said it is usually about $10 a bottle! (Which is outragest!)
What You’ll Need:
- a microwave proof bowl
- Olive Oil (I used extra virgin)
- a microwave
What You Do:
- Put the amount of Olive Oil that you need to cover your roots and the ends of your hair. I needed about 3 Tbsp because I have thick hair and a lot of it! I also covered it about halfway up my hair from the tips.
- Put the container in the microwave for 10 seconds of less! If it’s too hot your hair WILL FALL OUT! I had a lot of Olive Oil, so I put mine in for about 15 seconds and that was plenty for me.
- Put it on your roots and tips. Make sure you get the back of you head when doing the roots!
- This is going to sound really weird! But flip your head upside down and leave it like that for 4-5 minutes! (It was weirdly relaxing to me…)
- After that time is up, hold your head the right way and leave it like that for 2 more hours!
- FInally, take a shower and wash it ALL OUT! It’s going to take some time, but don’t worry. To help get it all out, I used my regular shampoo with it because the blog I got this tutorial from didn’t say if I should or not.
My hair was super soft after doing this, and despite what my mom said, I think that my hair already grew 1/4 inch! You can tell because it’s your own hair, even if other people don’t notice it. I took a before picture and after I do this for a week, I’ll post an after picture with the before.
Now, you’re going to say that Olive Oil is expensive! I found that out after I did this and I felt really bad about using soooooo much of it! But today I went to Dollar General because it was on our way home and I needed to get my own. My mom bought 8.5 fluid oz at Shnucks for about $10 a few weekends ago. Today when I bought mine, it was $2.50 for the exact same amount and type! Mine look a little bit ghetto, but that’s ok because it’s so cheap and it works exactly the same!!! Since it’s considered a food, there wasn’t any tax on it which blew my mind! Overall it’s the same thing as all of the expensive stuff that rich people buy!
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas Eve!
Hey everyone! I am so sorry I haven’t posted anything for a really long time! High school/college has been sooooo stressful and I really haven’t had a life the whole school year! I have become a person who can actually balance a ton of things at once. For example, right now I’m putting off some of my algebra and etymology homework. You’re probably thinking ‘OMG she’s either a smart person, a nerd, or a just by luck person!’ You’re probably right about any of those.
Ok now the fun is really going to start! Christmas is only 22 days away! My birthday is 8 days away! And I’m so super excited because this is my favorite season of the whole year!
Today I went to the library for the millionth time in search of a book from the Pretty Little Liars series. But while I was searching the shelves, I found a book that my friend, Molly, had recommended time a while back.
I read this book in a few hours a few days ago. It was such a sad book, but I’m recommending this to any girl because it really opens your eyes to what happens over in other countries that are poor. If anybody else who has read this, please comment on how amazing it was! (If you thought it was amazing.)
I made the cutest wristlet ever today! And I thought that you guys might love to see it and try it for yourself (if you know how to sew!!!).
The link for the blog that I got the tutorial from is right here. The tutorial is really super easy to follow! I used hot pink, and black and white hounds-tooth for my fabric, but on her’s, she used tons of fun, bright-colored fabric! Have fun guys!!!
Glitter is my most favorite thing in the whole wide world! So I found the most amazing thing while I was surfing Pinterest! How to glitterize everything without it falling off! (here’s the link!)
I followed the same tutorial except I made my own modge podge because I’m super cheap, but it works the same! Here are some pictures that I took while I was glitterizing tons of stuff!
(Top left: all of the stuff I used to glitterize. Bottom left: modge podge on my cover thing. Top right: glitter on my cover thing. It’s better to take the lid off and use your fingers. Bottom right: the jar I glitterized for my make-up brushes.)
(Top: my iPhone charger! I put tape over my prong things and where the USB plugs in. And at the bottom, is everything that I glitterized.)
Have fun everyone! And the glitter was really cheap at Wal-Mart.