Hey everyone! Merry Christmas Eve! I’m so excited, not about the gifts , but just about all of the happiness and friendliness that’s in the air. It makes you believe that anything is possible! And, right now, I’m pretty sure anything IS possible.
On Sunday night, I was skimming Pinterest and seeing if there was anything that was interesting that I should try over my Winter Break. I found probably the coolest pin ever! The title of the pin was ‘How to Grow Your Hair 2 inches in 1 Week!’ I was hooked because I have been wanting to grow my hair almost all the way down my back, but it’s just a slow-going process. The link to the actual post is righthere, but I’m going to tell you guys how I did it, and where to find the cheapest Olive Oil, because my mom said it is usually about $10 a bottle! (Which is outragest!)
What You’ll Need:
- a microwave proof bowl
- Olive Oil (I used extra virgin)
- a microwave
What You Do:
- Put the amount of Olive Oil that you need to cover your roots and the ends of your hair. I needed about 3 Tbsp because I have thick hair and a lot of it! I also covered it about halfway up my hair from the tips.
- Put the container in the microwave for 10 seconds of less! If it’s too hot your hair WILL FALL OUT! I had a lot of Olive Oil, so I put mine in for about 15 seconds and that was plenty for me.
- Put it on your roots and tips. Make sure you get the back of you head when doing the roots!
- This is going to sound really weird! But flip your head upside down and leave it like that for 4-5 minutes! (It was weirdly relaxing to me…)
- After that time is up, hold your head the right way and leave it like that for 2 more hours!
- FInally, take a shower and wash it ALL OUT! It’s going to take some time, but don’t worry. To help get it all out, I used my regular shampoo with it because the blog I got this tutorial from didn’t say if I should or not.
My hair was super soft after doing this, and despite what my mom said, I think that my hair already grew 1/4 inch! You can tell because it’s your own hair, even if other people don’t notice it. I took a before picture and after I do this for a week, I’ll post an after picture with the before.
Now, you’re going to say that Olive Oil is expensive! I found that out after I did this and I felt really bad about using soooooo much of it! But today I went to Dollar General because it was on our way home and I needed to get my own. My mom bought 8.5 fluid oz at Shnucks for about $10 a few weekends ago. Today when I bought mine, it was $2.50 for the exact same amount and type! Mine look a little bit ghetto, but that’s ok because it’s so cheap and it works exactly the same!!! Since it’s considered a food, there wasn’t any tax on it which blew my mind! Overall it’s the same thing as all of the expensive stuff that rich people buy!
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas Eve!